FFSS was founded around 1827 and the current school building located in downtown Fenelon Falls. Since its erection, the building has gone through a number of renovations, adding a new gymnasium and part of an art wing.
Fenelon Falls Secondary School consists of three floors, the third being the greenhouse and classroom attached. Portables also serve as classrooms located just outside the school. A large field and track lay just southwest of the school, available for physical education classes and sporting events, with tennis courts nearby providing for tennis-oriented physical education lessons.
Two parking lots are reserved for teachers at the side and back of school, and one parking lot for students who choose to drive to school located near the field. A front parking lot serves for visitors and a drop-off spot for students.